A quick, simple and attractive dessert for the little ones and not only :)
- 1 sachet of chocolate pudding (or vanilla or whatever you want :)
- 450 ml of milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 biscuits
- 10 biscuits
- 100-150 g dark chocolate
Preparation time: less than 30 minutes
RECIPE PREPARATION Chocolate turtle:
Make a pudding from the pudding powder, milk and sugar according to the instructions on the package. In a bowl that I watered a little, pour the pudding, then let it cool.
After it has cooled, we pour the pudding on a plate. We cut the ends of the biscuits to form the legs and the tail of the frog, and for the head we leave a slightly larger end.
Melt the chocolate and pour it over the biscuits arranged on a grill or plate. When the chocolate has hardened, place them on the pudding and form the shell.
If you have pencils for decoration you can draw on the shell what shapes you want :)
Knead a soft and fluffy dough from the given ingredients (it doesn't stick, but it's not hard either). Let the dough rise, in a warm place, away from drafts (in a closed bag at the mouth) - an hour and a half. Spread the dough in a rectangular sheet, wrap it in 3, bringing the edges on top, wrap it again, then spread the dough again in a rectangular sheet and repeat the wrapping, like the first time.
For the shape of a turtle:
Divide the dough into: 1 piece 300 g = shell, 1 piece 75 g = head, 1 piece 25 g = tail, 5 pieces of 50 g (4 legs and 1 sheet with holes).
Place the legs of the turtle in an X-shape, head and tail. Gently bend the ends of the legs, then place the body.
From the last piece of 50 g left, stretch a circle slightly larger than the sphere that represents the body of the turtle with the help of a small, round shape, perforated in places. It sticks to the body greased with water. Grow the ends of the legs with kitchen scissors. For the eyes, stick 2 cloves.
Cut easily for the mouth, with a knife with a very thin blade / cutter and place a piece of aluminum foil to remain open when baking. Grease with egg.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees C. (Do not allow to rise.)
Divide the dough into 4 pieces of 60 g = legs and form the body from the rest of the dough.
Place the legs in the shape of a spike and then turn at 90 degrees - fold. Place the body on top of them. For the eyes, use 2 cloves. Grow for the mouth and fix with a piece of aluminum foil. To shape the crocodile skin, use scissors and pinch the body. Grease with egg.
Bake for 25-30 minutes at 180 degrees C. (Do not allow to rise.)
It can be consumed as such, or you can make sandwiches. Recipe proposed by PaulaM
Recycle and you are rewarded
To each 3 plastic containers related to cosmetics and cleaning products * that you leave in our frog during 01 - 31 May 2021, we offer you a 50% discount to the shampoo / conditioner Where Advanced Hair Series 250 ml.
Go to the Information Office and take possession of the discount coupon **, then pick up the product from the shelf and present it for scanning at the cash register.
* The campaign does not include cosmetics and cleaning products packaged in containers: metal, glass, Tetra Pak and cardboard, makeup products, deo stick, spray and toothpaste, brushes, gloves, dish sponges, bath sponges, sprays or any other cosmetics or cleaning products that are not packed in plastic containers.
** In order to be scanned at the cash registers, the coupon has a value of 0.05 lei.
The strangest ways our ancestors died. The philosopher killed by the tortoise
The expression to laugh to death seems to come from the Greek philosopher Chrysippus, whose joke would have been fatal, and the golden cups were not always well seen, after the Roman general Marcus Crassus, killed for his wealth.
PHOTO Invasion of turtles in the lakes of Iași. "Serious threat to the native water turtle species"
Lucian Corjautanu sounded the alarm regarding the presence of a harmful species of turtles in the lakes of Iași. "It represents a serious threat to the native species of water turtle, which competes with the territory and food", he wrote on the Facebook page "Codrii Iașilor - we know, appreciate, keep", where he also posted representative images.
Lucian Corjautanu's post:
We did not get rid of what we feared: the 2 invasive North American turtles from Romania, the turtle with red temples and the turtle with yellow temples, thrive in the lakes around Iasi. There is no reason to rejoice, it is a serious threat to the native species of water turtle, which competes with the territory and food.
I invite you to count how many individuals from each kind of turtle you see in these photos.
It is prepared simply and quickly - "Turtle" cake!
An exceptionally tasty and aromatic homemade dessert - "Turtle" tea cake. The recipe is simple and the taste is great. We are sure you will love this cake.
For the dough:
& # 8211 100 gr of butter at room temperature
& # 8211 2 tablespoons fermented cream
& # 8211 ½ teaspoon baking soda (quenched with vinegar or lemon juice)
For the filling:
& # 8211 5-6 tablespoons of any jam (I used currant)
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
1. In a bowl, add egg yolks, cream, soft butter, sugar, salt and mix with a blender until smooth.
2. Turn off the baking soda, add it to the bowl, incorporate the flour and mix a crumbled dough, which retains its shape if you squeeze it in your hand.
3. Line the form (32 * 20 cm) with baking paper, spread more than half of the dough on the base and flatten with a spatula.
4. Cover the top with a layer of jam, sprinkle with chopped walnuts and spread the remaining dough.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
6. Beat the egg whites until fluffy, add powdered sugar and continue to mix.
7. Remove the cake, spread the egg whites, sprinkle with almond flakes and put the form back in the oven for 15 minutes, setting the temperature of 150 ° C.
The result is amazing! An honorable dessert with so little effort!
Almond flour 250g - Fit Food
We all know almond flour. Without it, there would be no famous macarons.
Obviously this is obtained from dried or fried almonds that can be optionally peeled.
In some recipes, almond flour is better than wheat flour or other types of flour because it is healthier and gluten-free.
Almonds in general, like many dried fruits, are an excellent source of nutrients and have many beneficial properties for the body.
In addition to having only 19g of carbohydrates per 100g of product, most of them are absorbed slowly, thus helping to balance the glycemic index. On the other hand, the proteins present are a rich source of essential amino acids for our body.
Unsaturated fat content turns almond flour into a healthy ingredient for people with high cholesterol
Almonds, due to their vitamin E content, are powerful antioxidants that help improve the appearance of the skin and protect cells, while due to its protein content, it is a healthy source of energy for people who play sports regularly.
Because almond flour does not contain gluten, it is ideal to be incorporated into diets for celiacs.
Coconut flour 300g - Fit Food
Coconut flour is my favorite. At a relatively acceptable price, I discovered it some time ago and started testing all kinds of recipes with it.
Coconut flakes and coconut flour are two different products, the latter being obtained from fresh coconut pulp. Excess fat is removed and dried at temperatures below 40 ° C to maintain its properties, and the remaining pulp is dried, then finely ground to a consistency similar to conventional flour.
This becomes a flour that we can use to prepare both sweet and savory recipes, gluten-free and suitable even for vegetarian and vegan diets. In addition, it tastes delicious coconut!
Dietary properties of coconut flour
If coconut flour stands out for something it is for the fiber content of over 40%. That is why it can help us regulate intestinal transit and feed the bacterial flora, because it also has a proven prebiotic effect.
Coconut flour also contains simple carbohydrates, but with a low glycemic index. In addition, it provides good quality fats that help lower LDL cholesterol.
Finally, it is worth mentioning that coconut flour also provides some minerals such as potassium and magnesium.
Culinary properties of coconut flour
Unlike other types of flour, coconut flour absorbs a lot of liquid and therefore we cannot replace a quantity of white flour with the same amount of coconut flour. We will need less flour or more liquid.
The proportions would be 3 to 1, but you have to test until you get used to the way they react.
There is no ideal formula to replace wheat flour with coconut flour that works in all recipes, but generally one-third or even a quarter of the amount of coconut flour is used compared to the original recipe.
In addition, the fact that coconut flour does not have the elasticity of gluten-free flours must be taken into account. Therefore, if we want to get fluffy textures, we need to add other ingredients that provide this elasticity such as Gum Xantan.
They make no noise, do not need to be walked and brushed and require minimal care. And if you arrange a suitable space for them, they are also very decorative.
If you are planning to buy a turtle, make sure it is not a species protected by law or that cannot easily adapt to captivity. Also, make sure that you have the necessary conditions to arrange a terrarium in your home.
From specialty stores you can buy a terrarium for the maintenance of frogs or you can make one according to your preferences.
When buying a turtle, it is good to know how to identify a healthy specimen. Thus, she must be lively, slightly frightened and distrustful of those around her. When it is taken in the hand, after a short phase of retreat in the carapace, the frog returns and moves its limbs empty, with lively pedaling movements. The skin of turtles should be smooth, shiny, well stretched, without wounds or scars, have lively, large, expressive eyes, and nasal cavities should be open.
Like fish and other reptiles, turtles have variable body temperatures (they are poikilothermic). To ensure a proper body temperature, turtles need certain conditions, outside of which they cannot live. By sunbathing, they benefit, in addition to heat, from ultraviolet rays, which are especially necessary for sterilizing the body, eliminating parasites and, especially, producing the compounds essential for ossification.
The optimum temperature for turtle growth is between 28 and 30 o C, and the critical temperature between 38 and 42 o C.
First of all, the space you make available to him must ensure a minimum of comfort, in which he can move to activate his circulation (to ensure a proper temperature) and to be able to swim at will.
In arranging a terrarium, I recommend using an aquarium, which will have a sandy substrate mixed with earth, in which a small pool of water will be placed. In one corner, you need a few stones and a wooden log, on which the frogs can climb, and another corner to be green, with various exotic plants. The light will be provided with a fluorescent tube (to burn about nine hours a day), and the heat will be provided by a light bulb doubled by an infrared lamp.
The aquarium is arranged for water turtles (one third is terrestrial space and 70% & # 8211 aquatic space. The transition from water to the terrestrial part must be made through a smooth slope. The bottom of the aquarium is lined with sand, in which various ornamental plants.
The water temperature (provided by a heater) should be between 23 and 26 o C. You should also have a water filter, but the water should still be refreshed after two or three weeks.
Usually, turtles are long-lived animals and particularly resistant to environmental conditions. However, countless diseases occur and, not infrequently, some are unknown to the vast majority of breeders, until today. My advice is to ensure good living and feeding conditions for your frogs, and the problems will be reduced or even disappear.
Feeding carnivorous turtles
As a standard I will take the Florida tortoise or the one with red temples, being the most widespread among terrorists. In specialty stores there is granular food for turtles, similar to that used for dogs and cats. The ration administered to carnivorous turtles will necessarily include meat from various domestic animals, except for pork, which is difficult to digest. Foods that are softer can be administered as such, and the hardest ones will be chopped or cut into smaller pieces.
Feeding omnivorous turtles
Terrestrial turtles feed more often compared to aquatic ones. Their food consists of various varieties of vegetables, fruits (cherries, cherries, raspberries, strawberries, grapes), bananas, pears and very, very small pieces of meat.
The main species bred in Romania
Water turtle, European A small species, which can be easily identified by the small golden-yellow spots on the carapace, or by some yellow lines.
Turtle with red temples or of Florida A medium-sized species, aquatic as an adult, weighs 1.5-2 kg.
In youth, the color on the outside is very intense, with the green back, furrowed by yellow, green and black lines, and in the back of the eyes there is a red spot.
Dry turtle Medium-sized frog, yellow-orange, with black spots and two stripes of the same shade on the breastplate. It is a vegetarian species, feeding on young leaves and shoots and berries.
Prepare the rolls like this:
Whisk the egg whites, then add the sugar in the rain and mix well.
The yolks mixed with the vanilla sugar are gradually incorporated into the egg white foam, mixing gently with a spatula, with movements from bottom to top. Finally, you add
flour in the rain, stirring gently. Pour the composition into the tray (26x39cm) lined with baking paper and place it in the preheated oven at 175 ° C for 10 minutes.
After it has baked, turn it over on the wet and well-squeezed towel and roll it tightly.
Then grease with your favorite jam, roll again and wrap the rolls, then put them in the fridge until they are ready and the rest of the elements. At the end you cut the roll into slices, about 1.5 cm. Do the same for both rolls.
Prepare the kiwi mousse like this:
Peel a squash, grate it and put it in a blender, then put it on the fire until it boils (the enzymes in the fresh kiwi fruit destroy the properties of the gelatin). Leave to cool until it reaches body temperature, then mix with honey. Hydrate the gelatin, dissolve it according to the instructions on the package, then add it to the kiwi mixture. When the composition has cooled, add the whipped cream.
Assemble the cake like this:
Wallpaper a round shape (a larger bowl) with cling film and place slices of roll, starting from the middle, on the entire surface. Put the mousse in the middle and place a row of slices of roll on top, then put the cake in the fridge, ideally until the next day. Then turn over on a plate, decorate with your favorite cream (it can be just cream or jam) and place slices of kiwi. Use fruit or even slices of roll as a head and legs.
Ingredients Cozonac with marbled chocolate:
- 400 grams of flour
- 80 grams of sugar
- 50 grams of melted butter + 50 grams of soft butter (for the filling)
- finely grated peel of 1 lemon or 1 orange
- 25 grams of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 3 whole eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 40 ml. vegetable oil (sunflower or rapeseed)
- 150 ml. of warm milk
- 50 grams of cocoa
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons of cornstarch or 5-6 tablespoons of flour
Preparation Cozonac with marbled chocolate
1. In a cup, mix the honey with the yeast until it liquefies. The milk heats up slightly. To have a maximum of 40 degrees Celsius, as long as the temperature is pleasant if you try with your finger. Separate 2 eggs and keep the egg whites separately. The two yolks and the remaining egg are beaten with a fork, adding salt, just enough to liquefy. The egg mixture is diluted with warm milk and mixed well. Dissolve the liquefied yeast in this mixture and then add the melted butter (but not hot) and the oil.
2. Mix the flour with the salt, sugar and lemon peel in a large bowl. Add the mixture of liquid ingredients little by little (picture 1). Knead on the robot or by hand until you get a smooth and non-sticky dough (picture 2). Depending on the quality of the flour used, you may need to add a few extra tablespoons of flour. Put the marmalade chocolate cake dough in a bowl greased with oil. Wrap with cling film and let it grow in a warm place away from electricity for 30 minutes.
3. As long as the dough grows, prepare the filling for our marbled chocolate cake. The soft butter is mixed homogeneously with the 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Add cocoa and soft butter. Add the egg whites kept aside (not beaten, simply pour into the composition). Add the starch, spoon by spoon, until you get a fairly consistent cream (picture 3 above). Starch can be replaced with flour.
Yeasting and modeling
4. The dough is left to rest for 30 minutes in a warm place. I prefer the oven heated to 35 ° C and to create a perfect environment for the dough to grow, I put a bowl of hot water in the oven to form steam. The already raised chocolate cake dough is spread on the work surface greased with a thin film of oil up to a thickness of 1-2 cm., Forming a rectangle that is spread on the entire surface with cocoa cream (picture 1 below ).
5. Divide the rectangle visually into 3 and one of the sides is brought over the middle third, covering it (picture 2).
6. The free third is brought to the opposite side, forming a long and narrow rectangle (picture 3).
7. On the long side of the rectangle obtained, fold it once more in 3, bringing a third over the middle one and covering both with the one on the opposite side (picture 4). & # 8222The package & # 8221 thus obtained is put back in the bowl greased with oil, covered with cling film and left to rise for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
8. After 30 minutes, the packed dough is placed on the work surface and with the help of the rolling pin, starting from the middle, it is stretched again in a rectangle (picture 5). If the cocoa cream tends to come out in places, it's no problem, take it with your finger and spread it on the dough somewhere in the middle.
9. Repeat the folds identically as described above.
10. Place the folded dough in the bowl greased with oil and well covered with cling film and leave to rise for 45 minutes & # 8211 1 hour.
After our dough has grown nicely in the bowl covered with cling film and placed in a warm place away from the current, it is given an elongated shape, the edges are put under the molded mold and the dough is put in the shape lined with parchment paper (my shape is big, it has 36 x 11 x 12 cm.).
As the cake grows in shape, heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Bake the cake at a medium height and bake for 35-40 minutes. If it tends to tan more than desired, cover with aluminum foil or a damp sheet of baking paper.
The baked cake is removed from the form and left to cool on a special grill, preferably first on one side, then turning it on the other side and finally standing.
After cooling, cut into slices and taste. It's good & # 8230 and fluffy, with the risk of repeating myself :).
It keeps perfectly, wrapped with food foil. Good appetite!
More cake recipes find by clicking on the picture below.